We all know there’s a shortage of technology based cybersecurity professionals, so why not challenge your children, co-workers and friends to consider a new career? Or why not challenge yourself?
Pursuing and securing a career in cybersecurity can make a difference now and in the future by ensuring our homes, schools, businesses and nation are protected from cyber threats. And since there’s a shortage of cybersecurity professionals, you’ll put yourself in a position of, well, always having a position. Not to mention you will never be bored since technology continues to change and cyber criminals never give up.
If you’re already working in technology, or you know someone interested in technology, explore the additional education around cybersecurity and certificates available so you can start your new career move today. Your options are almost limitless by enrolling in community colleges, universities and on-line programs. Just take that first step.
The first certificate you may want to pursue is a CISSP, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, which is the entry level certification for any cybersecurity expert. If you don’t have a solid technology foundation, or need a refresher, it could be helpful to start with Network+ and Security+ through CompTIA before pushing forward with your CISSP.
Next, you’ll want to determine what you’d like to specialize in so you can focus on getting certified in your area of interest. Again, your options, as well as your opportunities, are almost limitless.
Here’s a list of just some of the cybersecurity certificates you can pursue to get you started.
– *Network+ CompTIA
– *Security+ CompTIA
– *Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) CompTIA
– *CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CompTIA
– *PenTest+ CompTIA
– Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
– Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
– Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
– Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)
– Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO)
– Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
– Licenses Penetration Tester (LPT)
– Offensive Security Certification Professional (OSCP)
– Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Expert which include specific areas of focus around security administration, software security, management, auditing and forensics.
*See more information about CompTIA Certifications and Continuing Education at https://certification.comptia.org/home
If you don’t want a career in cybersecurity or you need help now to secure your environment, we have a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and multiple experts on our Proxios team who can help. Just ask us.