About the Job
Proxios offers a cloud computing approach to office technology by providing web based virtual desktop access to corporate applications, email and faxing, as well as Cisco VoIP solutions from our data centers. Rather than owning and operating in-house systems, Proxios customers buy technology as a service and pay monthly for their usage. We maintain the data center, install the software, and manage the services, as well as provide 24 x 7 user support. This approach allows our customers to focus on building their business, while avoiding the distractions, risks and unpredictable expenses associated with traditional in-house systems. Since our launch in 1999, the goal of Proxios has always been to deliver turnkey solutions and responsive support for a predictable price. Our capabilities have evolved to reflect our customer’s needs and the growth of technology in the workplace.
Our growing cloud computing company is seeking a System Administrator I to join our cutting-edge technical team. The System Administrator will be required to provide technical support for Microsoft Server OS, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Citrix, vSphere, printers, basic networking, and a number of hosted applications. We are seeking an open-minded and ambitious individual who is creative and willing to think outside of the box. The applicant must be energetic, well-spoken, and open to learning new technologies.
- Assist customers with understanding, using, and troubleshooting hardware and software, while maintaining communication with the customer until the issue is resolved. Resolution times must be consistent with our company Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure that customer systems are available and performing within their Service Level Agreement, while identifying problems and acting appropriately to resolve issues when they occur.
- Work with other System Administrators on customer installations and projects. You will need to be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation which will be used by both end-users and technical staff.
- Research new products or procedures which help the company become more efficient and profitable.
- Must be willing to learn Microsoft’s Server line of products, VMware’s vSphere line of products, Citrix, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco VoIP and basic networking. Prior knowledge or experience with any of these is a plus.
- A four-year degree is preferred, especially in Computer Science, or Information Systems (equivalent education through actual work experience may be substituted). Experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding of client/server networking, troubleshooting printers and basic network connectivity, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, and basic networking is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Terminal Services, Citrix, or VMware is a big plus.
- Must be energetic, well-spoken, and open to learning new technologies.
- The following Microsoft exams are a plus:
- Exam 70-351: TS: Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006, Configuring
- Exam 70-402: PRO: Microsoft System Center, Data Center Administrator (coming soon)
- Exam 70-403: TS: System Center Virtualization Manager 2008, Configuring
- Exam 70-404: TS: System Center Service Manager 2010, Configuring (coming soon)
- Exam 70-451: PRO: Designing Database Solutions and Data Access Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Exam 70-452: PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Exam 70-454: UPGRADE: Transition your MCITP Database Developer Skills to MCITP Database Developer 2008
- Exam 70-455: UPGRADE: Transition your MCITP Business Intelligence Developer Skills to MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008
- Exam 70-573: TS: Office SharePoint Server, Application Development
- Exam 70-576: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Applications
- Exam 70-631: TS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Configuring
- Exam 70-642: TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
- Exam 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
- Exam 70-647: PRO: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
- Exam 70-648: TS: Upgrading your MCSA on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
- Exam 70-649: Upgrading Your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
- Exam 70-652: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring
- Exam 70-658: TS: System Center Data Protection Manager 2007, Configuring
- Exam 70-662: TS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuring
- Exam 70-663: PRO: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Exam 70-664: TS: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Configuring (coming soon)
- Exam 70-665: PRO: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Administrating (coming soon)
- Exam 70-667: TS: SharePoint Server 2010, Configuring
- Exam 70-668: PRO: SharePoint Server 2010, Administrator
- Exam 74-679: Windows Server 2008 Hosting, Configuring
- Exam MB2-631: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Customization and Configuration
- Exam MB2-632: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Applications
- Exam MB2-633: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installation and Deployment
- Exam MB2-634: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Extending Microsoft Dynamics