Senior Network Engineer
About the Job
Proxios offers a cloud computing approach to office technology by providing web based virtual desktop access to corporate applications, email and faxing, as well as Cisco VoIP solutions from our data centers. Rather than owning and operating in-house systems, Proxios customers buy technology as a service and pay monthly for their usage. We maintain the data center, install the software, and manage the services, as well as provide 24 x 7 user support. This approach allows our customers to focus on building their business, while avoiding the distractions, risks and unpredictable expenses associated with traditional in-house systems. Since our launch in 1999, the goal of Proxios has always been to deliver turnkey solutions and responsive support for a predictable price. Our capabilities have evolved to reflect our customer’s needs and the growth of technology in the workplace.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our growing cutting-edge technical team. The Senior Network Engineer will be in charge of a team dedicated to architecting, supporting and maintaining our core datacenter, voice, and customer networks. We are seeking an open-minded and ambitious individual who is creative and willing to think outside of the box. The applicant must be energetic, well-spoken, and open to learning new technologies.
- Will be in charge of planning, architecting, and maintaining our multi-tenanted, multi-datacenter, service provider core network infrastructure.
- Must be able to effectively work with a large variety of employees and vendors responsible for daily maintenance, support, and projects related to the network.
- Maintain a complex LAN and WAN environment, including enterprise switching, routing, firewalling, and carrier circuits.
- Experience with the following is a must: Routing and Switching, Cisco voice over IP (VoIP), firewalls, VPN/encryption (IPSec and SSL), MPLS, and SIP.
- Install and maintain network equipment, including hardware, software, and monitoring systems. Research and resolve problems, and work to determine appropriate test plans.
- Prepare data and voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in documenting current operational status of networks and future development.
- Support the preparation of proposal documentation, project plans, and information to meet customer requirements. Assist with basic cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and help to determine feasibility of various approaches.
- Develop network and voice best practices which support staff, and network engineers can implement during daily operations.
- Ensure that core and customer systems are available and performing within their Service Level Agreement, while identifying problems and acting appropriately to resolve issues when they occur.
- Work with System Administrators on customer installations and projects.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation which will be used by both end-users and technical staff.
- Research new products or procedures which help the company become more efficient and profitable.
- Prior experience with service providers and multi-tenancy networks is a plus.
- A four year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education through actual work experience.
- A minimum of a CCNP certification (or equivalent work experience) will be required prior to start date. A CCIE certification will be a big plus.
- Must either have or obtain the CCNP Data Center cert within 12 months of employment.
- 7+ years engineering and/or supporting an enterprise network is required.
- Experience with Citrix Netscalers, PaloAlto Firewalls is highly desired.
- Prior experience with Cisco Nexus portfolio is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Terminal Services, Citrix, or VMware is a plus.
- Must be energetic, well-spoken, and open to learning new technologies.